The Taylor-Dunn Manufacturing company was founded in 1949 in California (USA) by R.D. Taylor Sr. At the time he built hand carts for carrying chicken feed. In 1951, F.A. Dunn joined the business which later formed Taylor-Dunn Manufacturing Company.
In 1955 Taylor-Dunn produced a mode “PG”, a 3-wheeled 24 volt electric chair. In 1959 they produced the “R” Trident, another 3-wheeled vehicle for traveling around the neighbourhood. Powered by a 24 volt electric motor, the Trident had a top speed of 16 mph and despite having a fibreglass body weighed 730 lb. The vehicle was produced up until 1961 when the company then produced other vehicles.