Friday was the lads last day officially working on the car and we decided to make the most of the weather and spend the day driving. The modifications we had made had seated the driver further forward and lower to aid stability and we had reworked the front suspension and steering to give improved geometry. I had even splashed out on a pair of new front tyres on our alloy wheels. The change from the handlebars to a Yugo steering wheel made the steering feel a good deal heavier at rest but once rolling it lightened up and felt fine.
We first decided to take the micro to the sports field as this provided a bit more scope and although a bit bumpy in places the running track was fairly smooth sloping gently to one end. Down the slight slope the car picked up speed very quickly and held it well when climbing back along the other side of the track.