Founded in 1931 the Ferdinando Innocenti company in Milan, Italy produced steel tubes. At the end of the second World War in 1948 the company started to produce motor scooters which soon included sidecars that evolved further into 3-wheeled vehicles.
Early vehicles were powered by either a 125cc or 150cc single cylinder engine and were single seater vehicles with a partial cab around the driver. These Lambrettas had 3 gears (no reverse) and hydraulic brakes that were fitted to the rear wheels only.
As the machines evolved they were sold under the name of Lambro and now had a fully enclosed fibreglass two seater cabin with a steering wheel controlling the single front wheel. Along with the 175cc Lambro in 1965 with the introduction of the Lambro 550 the engine was uprated to a 198cc 2-stroke engine. With a cargo capacity of 11 cwt, a vast number of bodies were made for the Lambro including a articulated truck version.
Production ceased in 1972.