The Jones Tourer was built between 1958 - 1960 in the UK. It was designed and built by Mr. Jones who was also the owner of the vehicle. Mounted on a tubular space frame chassis, the car is of fibreglass and aluminium construction. Externally the vehicle has Morris Minor front wings and grille surround, with the remainder of the body fabricated from aluminium sheet or moulded in fibreglass from a mould produced by its designer. The rear engine cover has Reliant Regal rear lights and air vents from a Standard vanguard. The cover hinges just behind the seated area to expose the drive train. The engine is a Ford Classic 1340cc with twin SU carbs, mounted transversely, with a sprocket on the end of the gearbox to a counter shaft to get the ratios correct, with final drive by chain to the single rear wheel. Originally the rear wheel was suspended from the tubular cross members by 12 yards of catapult elastic, but this has since been replaced by budge elastic!! Front suspension is taken from a Morris Minor.
Internally the seats were hand made and spring with rubber from an industrial tyre inner tube. The instruments were from various vehicles for example Wolseley. The hood was made by Mr. Jones' late wife. It was originally intended to fit a 997cc Ford Anglia engine, however it was not until the short motor was obtained that it was found to be 1340cc. This gives the car performance beyond what is considered safe and will happily cruise all day at 70mph, but is expected to be capable of exceeding 90mph. The car was built for performance rather than fuel economy, though still returns approximately 40mpg from the front mounted petrol tank.