Ribble Motors was established in 1900 in Eastbank Street, Southport, Lancashire (UK) by Jackson & Kinnings though it appears that their vehicles are called by both names. This web site can not find any history of their vehicles before 1905 but in 1905 they offered two models, the Ribble 4.5HP Tandem and the 8HP single seated tricar, both being water cooled. Power was provided to the rear wheel by chains.
The Ribbles are built on a tubular steel frame with forks of forged steel. More unusual for this period is the inclined steering and a deep bucket driver’s seat with the body built up around it. Below the leather bound seat was a large drawer for tools and a cupboard for accumulator and coil.
A 1905 catalogue for the vehicles states that “no pains have been spared to bring this popular and handy type of vehicle to perfection”. Manufacture ceased in 1908.