Built by the SNCAN aircraft builders, the Inter was first manufactured in Lyonn, France in 1953. Powered by a 175 cc two-stroke Ydral engine that was started by a Gyro starter device, the Inter was the French rival to the Messerschmitt KR 175. The first few vehicles had two front wheels can fold upwards under the body so that the vehicle can be stored in narrow places, though this idea was dropped in later models. The suspension was created using large rubber bands.
Whilst production ceased in 1956, Inters were still sold until 1961 with around 200 vehicles being built.