Founded in 1928 as a manufacturer of 4-wheeled vehicles, the first Goliath 3-wheeler appeared in Bremen, Germany in 1931. The Goliath Pioneer was powered by a single cylinder 2-stroke 198cc Llo engine that drove both rear wheels of the car. The Pioneer was a two seater vehicle and was manufactured until 1934.
After World War II, Goliath went on to produce a number of 4-wheeled vehicles and alongside them built a number of 3-wheeler trucks that included the GD750 (1949-1955) and the Dreirad (1955-1961). Manufacture ceased in 1961.