Framo-Werke (Germany) introduced their first 3-wheeler in 1932. It was powered by a 200cc D.K.W engine with compressed air cooling and the vehicle had the additional function in that it could be converted into a light truck. Whilst the vehicle had two wheels at the front only one was driven by the engine. A two seater version was also later introduced called the Framo Piccolo.
In 1933 the Framo Stromer was created but unlike earlier vehicles it had two driven front wheels. Whilst the 200cc D.K.W engine was still used a choice of 400cc and 600cc engines were also available.
The Stromer was only built until 1935 and in the same year the Piccolo was converted into a 4-wheeler with a 300cc rear-mounted D.K.W. power unit driving the rear axle. The engine capacity was also reduced to 200cc. Manufacture of private cars ceased in 1937, whilst the production of vans stopped two years later in 1939.