The Dot Cycle and Motor Manufacturing Company were established in 1903 by Harry Reed in Salford, Manchester. (UK). By 1906 the company produced motorcycles and up until the early 1930’s when they temporarily ceased manufacturer, won many competitions. After World War II and under new ownership of Burnard Scott Wade, the company broke into the 3-wheeled market.
The Dot Motor truck was essentially the rear half of a Dot motorcycle with a modified front section. The vehicle was powered by a 197cc Villiers two-stroke engine that provided power to the back wheel via a chain. The front of the vehicle was modified in several ways so that it provided various bodies that made it a truck, ice cream van and motorised rickshaw. The rickshaw featured a a large body at the front that two passengers could sit in with a large windscreen. Production of the 3-wheelers ceased in the late 1950’s and the company ceased trading all together in the 1960s.