he Bugatti Motor company was first formed in 1909 in Molsheim, France. Bugatti’s founder;Ettore Bugatti, however had built and designed his first vehicle in 1901. As an apprentice to the bicycle manufacturer, Prinetti et Stucchi, Bugatti had entered a number of races using the companies De Dion powered 3-wheeler. This inspired Bugatti to build his own 3-wheeler that was powered by a twin engine. After this vehicle Bugatti then concentrated on 4-wheelers. With the onset of the second World War Bugatti left Molsheim and moved to a factory in Bordeaux, though the Molsheim factory was recovered after the war but not used.
In 1959 the factory was opened up and it produced the OTI. As the vehicle was made in the old Bugatti works it featured the famous Bugatti front grille. A one off, the vehicle was powered by a 125cc engine and featured an aluminium body.