Berkeley were Caravan makers in Biggleswade, Bedfordshire (UK) and in 1956 they introduced their first 4-wheeled sports car that was designed by Laurie Bond. In 1959 a 3-wheeled version was announced as the Berkeley T60. The T60 was powered by an Excelsior Talisman 328cc twin-cylinder engine and had a streamlined fibreglass body that also incorporated an aluminium-alloy chassis that was bonded into the body. The primary drive of the car was through a multi-plate wet clutch where as the secondary drive was by chain to a differential and then through Hardy Spicer universal joints and half shafts to the front wheels.
The T60 came in two forms as a Hard top or a Soft top and as a standard or Deluxe model, the Deluxe featuring extra dashboard instruments and a spare wheel. The vehicle had a bench type seat at the front of the vehicle for both front occupants and an occasional seat for two children in the rear. A T60/4 version was also introduced in September 1960 that had four separate seats. Due to financial problems Berkeley’s were only manufactured until December 12th 1960 when the company then ceased trading.