The Autoette was first manufactured in early 1948 in Long Beach, California (USA) by Royce Seevers. The company was then sold to Blood Sales Co for a short time before being resold to Wayne Manufacturing Co; a street sweeping company who moved to Pomona, California. After some legal problems, the Autoette was then sold back to the Seevers’ family, lock stock and barrel in 1958. From then until 1970, they controlled manufacturing, distribution and sales of Autoette vehicles.
The Autoette vehicles were electric cars that came in a number of forms that range from pickup trucks (that could carry up to 1/4 of a ton), cars, and golf mobiles. Ranging from 2 - 4 seats, the Autoette had tiller steering and was powered by an electric motor which drew its power from large 24 volt batteries. Production ceased in the 1970s.